CCMO launches a new website
On 5 November 2018 the CCMO launched a new version of its corporate website ccmo.nl.
The new website contains a number of changes compared to the previous one:
- A new contemporary design. This makes the website easier on the eye and simplifies navigation;
- The search function has been improved. It is now possible to search on the basis of date, relevance and type of publication, in addition to keyword;
- The new website fulfils all the requirements for government websites in terms of security and accessibility;
- The new website is 'responsive', which means that it can also be used on tablets and smartphones;
- The homepage contains hyperlinks to the six most frequently visited pages, so that they can be found more quickly;
- The various sections of the Standard research file are accommodated on subpages instead of being all on the same page. It is possible to navigate to the next section of the standard research file using a link at the bottom of each subpage;
- The information on some other pages has been divided into subpages and that has improved the way the information is presented;
- The Guide to the review procedure page not only helps visitors determine whether research is subject to the Medical Research Involving Human Subjects Act (WMO) or not, but also provides a brief overview of the steps that need to be completed during the review procedure. The English language online Committee Finder tool helps visitors select the right review committee;
- The information for human subjects about medical scientific research and the information about the accredited medical research ethics committees (MRECs) is now also available in English;
- The English website is no longer integrated within the Dutch website, but is now a seperate website. The Dutch website is available via https://www.ccmo.nl.
The information on the new website is largely the same as the previous website. The transition to a new website does, however, mean that the page URLs have all changed. Consequently, if you have saved certain pages as Favourites in your browser, you will have to change this.
A new website also means that some things will be in a different location to the one you are used to. If you are looking for certain information but cannot find it, please feel free to contact us.
We hope you enjoy using our new website. We will continue making improvements. If you have any suggestions, please let us know.