MREC Academic Hospital Maastricht / University Maastricht
Ms RCW van Gils, LLM
P.O. box 5800
6202 AZ Maastricht
+31 43 387 6009
Sphere of action
The MREC azM/UM reviews proposed WMO (Medical Research Involving Human Subjects Act) research organised by the Maastricht University Medical Centre (azM), Maastricht University or one of its affiliated institutions and/or performed by the azM and/or Maastricht University and that will be carried out wholly or partially in, or with the cooperation of (employees of):
- Maastricht UMC+: the Maastricht University Medical Centre (azM) and/or the Faculty of Health, Medicine and Life Sciences (FHML/UM).
- Maastricht University where it concerns the Faculty of Psychology and Neuroscience (FPN/UM), except in the case of research that, in accordance with Section 2, paragraph 2, under b of the WMO, has to be reviewed in the first instance by the CCMO.
- Insofar as the committee has made agreements on the matter in consultation with Board of Directors, the committee can take a similar approach to proposed WMO research organised and/or performed by another institution involved in healthcare in the Netherlands.
- In the case of multicentre research whereby the committee acts as the assessing MREC, the circle of institutions for which the committee reviews proposed WMO research will be extended to all participating centres in the Netherlands.
Please note! From 31 January 2022, national rates are set to the assessment of research with a medicinal product (CTR) and clinical research with a medical device (MDR article 62/74.2).
|Submitted by||Monocenter study||Multicenter study||Amendment|
|Industry||€ 2,000 or € 2,500||€ 2,500 up to € 4,000||€ 500*|
|External (other)||€ 2,000 or € 2,500||€ 2,500 up to € 4,000||€ 500*|
* This is an annual fee, regardless of the number of substantial/substantive amendments to be submitted.
|Name||WMO discipline||member / deputy||Room||Profession|
|Bastiaenen, mw dr CHG||methodologist||member||II||epidemiologist B|
|Bongers, mw mr LMH||lawyer||deputy||II||academic investigator / teacher health law|
|Croes, dr S||hospital pharmacist||member||I||hospital pharmacist|
|Dompeling, prof dr E||pediatrician||deputy||I/II||pediatrician|
|Dondorp, dr WJ||ethicist||deputy||I/II||endowed professor of humanism and ethics of reproductive genetics|
|Gavilanes, dr AWD||
|member||I||pediatrician / neonatologist|
|Gemert, prof dr WG van||physician||member||pediatric surgeon|
|Gietema, mw dr HA||physician||member||I||radiologist|
|Gorissen, mw mr J||lawyer||member||I||lawyer|
|Heilhof, mw mr N||layer||member||II||lawyer|
|Horstkötter, mw dr D||ethicist||member||I||philosopher / ethicist|
|Janssen, dr PKC||clinical pharmacologist / hospital pharmacist||member||II||clinical pharmacologist / hospital pharmacist|
|Jöbsis, dr Q||physician / pediatrician||member||II||pediatrician|
|Kuijk, dr SMJ van||methodologist||member||I/II||clinical epidemiologist / methodologist|
|Laar, dr EFJ van de||ethicist||member||II||clinical ethicist|
|Leentjens, prof dr AFG||physician||member||I||professor of neuropsychiatry|
|Masclee, prof dr AAM||physician (chairman)||member||I||gastroenterologist|
|Oude Wansink, drs MJ||assessor specifically from the perspective of the human subject||member||II||entrepreneur|
|Pasman-de Roo, mw drs KIH||assessor specifically from the perspective of the human subject||member||I||coach / trainer|
|Plasqui, dr G||none||member||II||assistant professor human biology and movement sciences|
|Schouten, prof dr HC||physician (vice-chair a.i.)||member||II||emeritus professor of internal medicine, particulary hematology|
|Schouten, dr LJ||methodologist||deputy||I/II||epidemiologist / physician|
|Smits, prof dr LJM||methodologist||deputy||I/II||epidemiologist / professor|
Talma, mw mr R
|Thijs, dr C||methodologist||member||I||epidemiologist / physician society and health n.p.|
|Vanmolkot, dr FHM||clinical pharmacologist||member||I||internist / clinical pharmacologist|
|Vermeeren, mw dr A||none||member||II||assistant professor psychology and neurosciences|
|Wong, dr DR||clinical pharmacologist / hospital farmacist||deputy||clinical pharmacologist / hospital farmacist|